The Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy is a sector-wide collaborative initiative to build a knowledge-driven nonprofit sector. Access to timely, relevant information provides an important foundation to make evidence-based decisions. With the support of the Alberta Nonprofit Network and the Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism, and Status of Women, PolicyWise brought together over 25 data champions in 2019-2020 to collectively advance the sector’s strategic use of data. Continuing on this progress in 2020-2021, PolicyWise has begun to produce nonprofit and voluntary sector analyses, work to build sector capacity, and work towards a sector knowledge hub (for further details).
The Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy: Canadian Survey on Business Conditions, Second Quarter 2021 analysis is based on responses by community nonprofits surveyed by Statistics Canada across Canada in April to May of 2021. It introduces community nonprofits’ organization outlook, employee outlook, and past and planned measures for the COVID-19 pandemic. This analysis discusses the current state and future directions of community nonprofits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Download the infographic for a quick look at the analysis
- Download a version with analysis notes included
The Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy: Registered Charities Analysis 2015-2018 provides information on the economic and workforce impact of community nonprofit registered charities in Alberta. It describes the economic and workforce impact cross-Alberta, in different subsectors (e.g., social services, and culture and recreation), and in different Alberta regions.
- Download the Use and Technical Manual for more details and information on how to use the files
- Download a high resolution version of the analysis without notes
Just have a few minutes for the 2020 report? Read some snapshot publications here!
- Building a Knowledge-Driven Nonprofit Sector: Executive Summary
- Building a Knowledge-Driven Nonprofit Sector: Connecting the Data
- Building a Knowledge-Driven Nonprofit Sector: Data Sharing Success Stories
- Building a Knowledge-Driven Nonprofit Sector: Developing a Data Hub Model
- Building a Knowledge-Driven Nonprofit Sector: The Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy Story
The Edmonton Community Foundation, PolicyWise, and the Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism, and Status of Women are jointly funding the Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy to continue driving the sector forward through to 2023.
Have a question or want to get involved? Email MRussell@policywise.com