Alberta NonProfit Data Strategy
Tools and training that empower non-profits to use data for impact!
Quick Access Menu
This online training series was developed in partnership with Statistics Canada. You will learn how to use Census data to support your nonprofit organization. The training includes Census methods, geographies, variables, analysis, and how to access data. There are sample exercises to complete, and you will be introduced to tools that will enhance your experience working with nonprofits.
Series materials and videos are here.
Using Statistics Canada General Social Statistics Data – Webinar 2
21 June 2022
This was the second webinar in a series we hosted with Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy and Statistics Canada. They shared information on using General Social Statistics Data. In the webinar you will learn about:
- The General Social Statistics program
- Modernization initiatives
- General Social Statistics themes related to Canadians and work and at home; families; and, giving, volunteering and participating
Navigating Statistics Canada Nonprofit Data – Webinar 1
22 March 2022
This was the first webinar in a series we hosted with Alberta Nonprofit Data Strategy and Statistics Canada. They shared tips on how to navigate and use their data. In the webinar you will learn about:
- Statistics Canada data relevant to the nonprofit sector
- How to better navigate the Statistics Canada website
The presentation slides are here. They contain activities for you to practice what you have learned!