PolicyWise for Children & Families (PolicyWise) is a charitable, not-for-profit corporation that exists to inform, identify, and promote effective social policy and practice to improve the wellbeing of children, families, and communities. Its vision is that children, youth, and families thrive in respectful, safe, and supportive environments shaped by wise decisions.
PolicyWise is recruiting a student for an 8-week summer employment opportunity in Edmonton.
The Research Assistant will support the development of a framework to guide youth engagement in research. Tasks include environmental scan of youth engagement approaches, pulling and reviewing articles, transcription, engagement with stakeholders, and administrative support for the project.
This is a full-time temporary position that is available for a maximum of 8 weeks between May and August, 2021. The position will be remunerated at $18/hr.
- Administrative and logistical support and general office tasks
- Research and administrative support for projects related to youth engagement
- Pulling and reviewing articles
- Stakeholder engagement
- Other tasks related to research and evaluation as needed
- Digital Skills
Canada Student Job Program Eligibility
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Is available for short-term full-time summer employment
- At least three years of undergraduate studies in a related field of study (e.g., health sciences, social sciences, social work) with at least one course covering research design and methods
- Experience working in or volunteering in health research, health promotion, public health and/or community-based projects preferred
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Effective time management, priority setting and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing tasks and requirements throughout the day
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Windows (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
To apply for this position please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Courtney Lundy, Research Project Administrator, PolicyWise for Children & Families at email@example.com by 2:00pm MST on June 4, 2021.