Data Management Analyst, Social Serving Sector
Who we are looking for
PolicyWise is seeking a full-time Data Management Analyst to join our team, in either Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta. To qualify, you will need a Bachelor's degree, with a very strong quantitative emphasis. A Master's Degree in any related field will be considered an asset.
Due to the nature of the role, we require a strong understanding, interactions, and experience in the social serving sector (e.g. non-profits, children/youth groups, Indigenous communities, and other marginalized groups).
Moreover, you will be required to visit the communities you serve from time to time for data collection and as such, a valid Driver's License will be required.
In addition, we require strong skills, experience, and knowledge in the following:
- Managing large datasets and using statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R software, Stata etc.)
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Desire and ability to learn and develop new skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g., advanced Excel, data visualization software)
- Ability to work both individually and as a team member
Above all, we are seeking a socially-conscious individual who is eager to use their skills to make a difference and provide value towards our clients, the communities we serve, and our valuable programs.
For the safety and well-being of our clients and employees, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the role
Reporting to the Research and Policy Manager, you are responsible for conducting a wide variety of collection, analyses, and management of data from various social and health services, utilizing advanced understanding of data collection infrastructure, analytical, and quantitative skills to support PolicyWise’s research projects.
PolicyWise is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and recognizes that those ideals are embedded in governance and organizational performance. As an essential element of their culture, PolicyWise welcomes the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, and encourages applications that represent the diversity of the community they serve.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-designing data collection protocols with non-profit partners that match service delivery and research needs
- Working with large sets of data from a variety of government and non-profit partners
- Maintaining and optimizing databases
- Performing complex data commands (data linking, linkage quality assessment, and data manipulation)
- Supporting with consent forms, information sharing, governance to promote effective and sustainable data management
- Building capacity among partners to practice good data management
- Developing and monitoring data governance policies
- Conducting needs and opportunity assessments to inform data collection and data management planning
- Application of relevant privacy, legislation and ethical considerations to guide data collection across sectors
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Supporting project teams in data analysis, preparing tables/charts/graphs, and presentations
- Analyzing quantitative data (including administrative data)
- Developing data capture tools (surveys, forms, etc.) and data management plans
- Documenting processes
- Synthesizing and summarizing data patterns
- Writing and collaborating drafts and summaries
- Applying advanced analytics skills in large/complex datasets
What you can expect of your workplace
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive annual salary plus a great host of benefits, including:
- 50% employer-paid extended medical, dental, and vision benefits
- $200 reimbursement for parking or transit
- Work from home / remote work hybrid until further notice
- $500 allowance to set up home office at the start of hire
- 3 weeks vacation
- Holiday break during Christmas and New Year on top of vacation time
And that's not all! You will be welcomed into a supportive and highly collaborative environment. If you think you've got the skills to take on this rewarding and challenging role, apply today!
PolicyWise is a charitable, non-profit corporation established in 2003 to support the development of effective policies, programs, and services to benefit the well-being of children, families, and communities. We have a reputation for collaboration, inclusion, and broad stakeholder engagement approaches and strategies.
Our research and policy team has an in-depth understanding of the domains of well-being, the child and youth serving sector, provincial and local service delivery contexts, and the application of knowledge across these sectors and systems.
Children, youth, and families thrive in respectful, safe, and supportive environments shaped by wise decisions.
To inform, identify, and promote effective social policy and practice to improve the well-being of children & youth, families, and communities.
For more information about our work, please visit our website: www.policywise.com